Our next meeting will take place on Thursday, April 2 at 7:30pm EST. We will hold the meeting online via Zoom at the following link: https://cornell.zoom.us/j/418818216
The photo sharing theme will be “signs of spring”. Here’s how we are going to share photos:
1. Please email up to three photos to Mike Goldstein at email@example.com
2. The long edge of your photos should be no bigger than 2048 pixels. If you don’t know how to downsample your photos, send them anyways and I’ll do it.
3. The filename of each photo should start with your last name, followed by your first name, e.g. Goldstein_Michael_CNPphoto_1
4. As the meeting host, I will present your images by sharing my screen with the group so everyone can see it. You will be able to discuss your images with the group.
Many of you are not familiar with Zoom but we have plenty of time to help you get comfortable with it before the meeting on Thursday.
1. Go to https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362033-Getting-Started-on-Windows-and-Mac. There you will find instructions to download the Zoom application and create a free account on Zoom.
2. Don’t worry about learning how to start meetings if you are only using Zoom to attend our meeting. After installing the application, watch the “joining a meeting” tutorial at https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362193-How-Do-I-Join-A-Meeting-.
3. You can join a test meeting to assess your internet connection: https://zoom.us/test
4. You will have a better experience if you use headphones or earbuds. Otherwise your computer microphone may pick up the sound from your computer speakers, creating echoes and a feedback loop.
I’ll start the Zoom meeting early, at 6:30pm, so you can log in and get help with video or audio issues before we start the main CNP meeting at 7:30. I’m also happy to have a Zoom meeting with you this weekend or during the week to help you get comfortable with the software. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a time.